Early spring is here, and along with it comes the perfect time to plant fruit trees in your your garden for a great harvest in the years to come.
At Vander Giessen Nursery, we have a wide selection of fruit trees in stock right now and ready for transplanting into your yard. Most of the fruit trees we carry are dwarf varieties, meaning that while they’ll bear a full crop of fruit, they won’t take over your yard–most dwarf fruit trees top out at 12-15′ tall. The remainder of our fruit trees are Semi-Dwarf, topping out at just 14-18′ tall.
Our fruit tree selection for 2020 includes the following:
- Cosmic Crisp® NEW!
- Red McIntosh
- Pink Lady
- North Pole Columnar NEW!
- Scarlet Sentinel Columnar NEW!
- Montmorency (pie cherry)
- Beauty NEW!
- Italian Prune
- Shinseiki Oriental Pear
Combination Trees (multiple fruits on one tree)
- Apple Combo — 4 varieties on each tree
- Pear Combo — 4 varieties on each tree
- Cherry Combo — 4 varieties on each tree
- Espaliered Apples — 3 varieties on each tree
- Fruit Salad — Frost Peach, Harglow Apricot, Puget Gold Apricot, Hardy Red Nectarine, Nadia Plum, Italian Prune (5 of 6 varieties per tree)
- Fruit Cocktail — Frost Peach, Puget Gold Apricot, Hardy Red Nectarine, Sweetheart Cherry, Italian Prune, Lapin Cherry (5 of 6 varieties per tree)
There’s nothing like fresh taste of homegrown fruit; let us help you get started growing your own this spring. And when you visit us, be sure to take home the fruit tree fertilizer you’ll want to ensure your trees grow and thrive; for established trees, be sure you also pick up mason bees, available in early spring at the nursery.